RACE DAY SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
Thursday September 20th
DIGGER DASH JOG-A-THON (come and cheer on our students!)
7:00 – 8:30 Set Up
8:20 – 8:45 Station Meetings with Volunteers
8:45 – 9:00 Stretching (Preschool and Kindergarten)
9:00 – 9:15 Race begins (Preschool and Kindergarten)
9:10 – 9:25 Stretching (1stand 2nd grades)
9:25 – 9:55 Race starts (1stand 2ndgrades)
9:50 – 10:00 Stretching (3rdand 4thgrades)
10:00 – 10:45 Race begins (3rdand 4thgrades)
10:40 – 10:50 Stretching (5thgrade)
10:50 – 11:35 Race starts (5thgrade)
11:35 – 12:35 Clean up
10:45 – 2:30 Tally Pledges-begins after 3rdand 4thgrades run
- Students will arrive at Gold Rush during normal school hours, with the exception of afternoon Kindergarten.
- All participants will warm up for 15 minutes and then run, jog or walk (Preschool-K for 15 min; 1st-2ndfor 30 min; 3-5 for 45 min) on a 1/8 mile track. Volunteers will mark the participants running tags after the completion of each lap.
- Students can take a rest whenever they want—there is no pressure, there will be a water station available during the race for those who forget a water bottle. Runners will receive a special frozen treat at the end!
- Please have your child wear comfortable shoes, weather appropriate clothing, and bring a water bottleto re-hydrate during the race.
- Immediately following the event, the student will receive a certificate with the number of laps they completed.
Our first meeting of the year will be Tuesday, August 14th at 8:45am in the Gold mine room.
We would love to see you there.
If you are available to volunteer, please sign up:
If you are interested in ordering school supplies for the 2018-2019 school year, the deadline has been extended to July 6th. The supplies will be delivered to your child’s classroom for meet your teacher.
Visit http://www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks and enter school ID: GOL080
Gold Rush could win $250, courtesy of the Douglas County Libraries Foundation! All you have to do is sign your child up for the Summer Reading program. Sign up by visiting DCL.org/summer-reading or at any Douglas County Library. Remember to fill in Gold Rush where it asks for your school name. Registration is now open! The winner will be announced in August. Thank you and enjoy your reading!