2016-2017 Meeting Minutes

Date: May 9, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:55 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President

Attendance: Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Nikki Driessner

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from April meeting were approved.

Officer Reports:
Presidents’ Report: See later items.
Treasurer’s Report: Amanda and Marly to attend treasurer training next week.

Sock Hop: Credit Card fees were $5.11. Panda Express community nights PTO netted $160; Orange Leaf $50.00.

29/36 teacher grants have been submitted – submissions now closed. PTO will offer a new round in August.

Web site payment: has been completed. Marly to submit the bill for reimbursement.

Labels for Education – We received 2 gift cards for $150. Both are on the gift card spread sheet.

Principle’s Report:
Gold Rush Green Initiative – have met with some schools and will be taking a trip to see another. Have spoken with a school using a composter (cost around $5,000). May need to purchase a cooler and/or shredder depending on what program/s move forward. Need to reach out to Parker Task Force to see what could be donated.

New Business:
Book Fair –Cash profit from the Spring book fair is $2,724.43. Angel moves to transfer the funds to the Gold Rush Library. Marly seconds.

Shoe Box Program – 1 ¾ boxes of shoes were sent in. Will see if we get anything. Next year recommend partnering with another organization, however silver lining is that shoes stayed out of the landfills.

Western Night – September 8th. Need food truck/s if anyone has a contact.

Used Book Sale – Collecting books now.

Committee Reports:
Box Tops: $903.90 check was received. Need to do a June 1 submission for tops expiring. App to submit receipts is available but needs to be tested over the summer.

Spirit Wear – First order of spirit wear was received. Invoice for items was $1,739.70. Angel moves to approve payment of invoice. Nikki seconds.

PTO set prices for items as follows: Ladies embroidery jacket $48; Adult embroidery hoodie $25; Youth hoodie silk screened $20; Adult scoop tee $12; Ladies V-neck $12; any shirt/jacket/hoodie over XL will add $2 per item; Youth class tees $8; Window cling estimate at $5 (need to confirm price we will pay based on volume for clings before offering for sale.)

PTO will fund shirts for students on the reduced lunch program.

Discussed offering a free cling to anyone who orders their student shirt through online registration (would add a check box to ensue only people who want one would get one to keep cost and waste down.). Could also offer on the order form as an incentive. Discussed splitting cost of clings with school. Discussion was tabled to allow everyone time to consider options and allow the school to look at budget

Community Nights – Angel has set for next year. A list was handed out. Web site to be updated with list for next year.

Edukits: Advertisement has begun. Order now.

Upcoming events:
May 11 – Panera Community Night
August 15thPTO Meeting

Adjournment of meeting took place at 11:10am

Additional Information:
May 19, 2017   Shirt discussion due to issues with web site for registration, SAC, and pricing.

Youth shirts will be offered in the following colors: Gray, Gold, Natural, Sapphire Blue, and Neon Green.  Add both Adult and Youth Zip hoodies with the embroidery logo. Adult and Youth pull-over hoodies will have the full flag logo.
Adult V-neck and scoop neck will remain as are. Ladies jacket will remain as is.   Pricing was adjusted to reflect necessary updates.
Amanda will order the window clings if set up is not associated with the shirts.


Date: April 11, 2017
Location: Basement Conference Room (B128)
Time: 8:54 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President

Attendance: Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Rosemary Joebchen, Nikki Driessner

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from March meeting were approved.

Officer Reports:
Presidents’ Report: See later items.
Treasurer’s Report: Sock Hop: Nutrition services has been paid. Sock Hop profited $1,486.94. Red Robin community night PTO netted $32.17.

28/36 teacher grants have been submitted – no new submissions since last meeting. Any remaining should be turned in by the end of April.

Panda Express Community night raised $160.

Web site payment: once the address has been changed PTO needs to change link in our email and let the school know to change it in the app and the web site.

Principle’s Report:
Gold Rush has a new app. Lots of great information is available on the app.

Next year enrollment: K will have 2 full day and 3- half day. 5 – 5th grades. 5 – 2nd grades. All other grades will have 4 classes. This year GR has 617 students, next year expect 610 as of now.

New Business:
Edukits: Christine Armstrong brought an example flyer. This will be sent home in May.

Book Fair – Going well. Fall dates have been set for November 13-17.

Shoe Box Program – Going well. Ends April 21.

Earth Day – Consider if possible to do a day where students see lunch waste. Need to talk with lunch room staff to see when they have planned from their meetings.

2017/18 Dates – Digger Dash September 29 with Rain date October 6; Western Night September 8; Sock Hop February 2 or 9; Spring Book fair the week before Spring Break

Last events this year: Used book fair May 30 & 31; Hawaiian Day? Possibly June 1

Ortho gift card submissions – Forms to go out to teachers. Submissions due by May 5th.

Committee Reports:
Box Tops: $564.20 check is coming. Balance with the check is $904.30. Need to do a mid-May collection for expiring tops. See about having students teach students about box tops (contact student council).

Spirit Wear – Place order for Kindie Orientation on May 18th at 6:30pm. Order will be for 24 jackets, and 48 adult shirts split between the 2 styles. No kid items or adult hoodies to be ordered.

Community Nights – Angel has several set for next year.

Upcoming events:
May 9thPTO Meeting

Adjournment of meeting took place at 11:00am


Date: March 7, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:50 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President

Attendance: Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Rachelle Brooke, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Stephanie Zimmerman

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from February meeting were approved.

Officer Reports:
Presidents’ Report: Nothing.
Treasurer’s Report: Community night at Chipotle raised $68.08, total for the year is $753.21. Sock Hop: We still need to pay for the use of the kitchen, the custodian, and the credit card reader fee, but our current profit from the sock hop is approximately $1,400.

PTO has transferred the funds from Digger Dash ($21,732.69) to the district on 2/9/17.

Teacher Grants: 28 out of 36 teachers have submitted something. Need to remind teachers PTO needs a clean and readable receipt or the district will reject them. Fall due date will be set for September 1 for next year’s grants.

Rachelle is officially resigned as Treasurer and Amanda Paschal is now Treasurer.

Rachelle motioned that Marly Dombrower be elected as co-treasurer. Motion was approved.

Principle’s Report:
Jenny reported there have been some enrollment adjustments from last meeting. 5th grade will have 5 classes. 2nd will currently have 4, but that could change if enrollment increases in 2nd grade. A wish list and estimated cost was firmed up for fall Digger Dash funds. Approximate cost is around $17,000.

Art room printer is in need of toner. Cost is $1225 with school discount. Jenny will see if IT funds can be used, if not it will be added to Digger Dash list for the fall.

New Business:
Spirit Wear – Amanda talked to ProCorp. Board will meet with them Monday at 2pm. They will bring samples of the shirts plain so board can see the quality and sizing. If happy, board will ask for an estimate to get samples with the logo so excitement can be generated prior to the end of the year.

Book Fair – Set for April 10-14. Theme is Happy Camper. A parent asked if we can ask parents to round total up to the nearest dollar as PTO donation. Scholastic will need to be contacted to see if possible. PTO will supply $100 for initial cash for drawers to be reimbursed after fair.

Shoe Box Program – Set for the week of Earth week. Marly is taking over. Flyer to go out April 6th. Collection to take place April 10-28.

Committee Reports
Box Tops: Submitting $564.20. Marchese’s class won the competition.

Labels for Education: Last submission is ready to be sent and due to the quality of the products available, PTO will cash out and use the funds to purchase coolers for Digger Dash water.

Upcoming events:
April 11thPTO Meeting
March 14thCommunity Night @ Panda Express
April 12thCommunity Night @ Orange Leaf

Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:25am


Date: February 7, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:50 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President

Attendance: Linda Leonard, Rachelle Brooke, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Angel Zayaz, Nikki Driessner

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from January meeting were approved.

Officer Reports:
Presidents’ Report: Sock Hop – Used all 10 cases of water and all 8 cases of soda; all 12 gallons of ice cream were used; have 8 bottles of root beer left over; PTO had to buy cookies for the cake walk – only 3 items were left at the end of the night; there was a great volunteer turn out; next year consider sending home an order form for pre-purchasing tickets and possibly move the line out of the entrance for fire hazard issues and so people know they don’t have to stand in line to get in; next year look into getting big fans or asking to turn AC on in the gym due to heat.

Treasurer’s Report: We still need to pay for the use of the kitchen, the custodian, and the credit card reader fee, but our current profit from the sock hop is $1,468.64. Recommend next year having two cash boxes – one for food and one for candy shop. Candy shop should have $40 in quarters. Food should have $200 in $1 bills, $100 in $5 bills, $100 in $10 bills, $40 in quarters. PTO has received the online donations from Digger Dash, next year we should consider going back to PayPal due to the issues from this year in getting the funds. PTO is unable to use the school credit card for the web site, Marley has offered to use her credit card and PTO will reimburse her for the cost.

Principle’s Report:
Jenny reported this month the school has a door decorating contest and class parties. This morning a budget meeting took place. Jenny advised the school estimates an enrollment of 600. Kindergarten classes will increase to 2 full day and 3 half day. 2nd grade will have 5 classes and all other grades 4 classes. Due to the changes in class distribution the school will have an excess of laptops and a lack of tablets. Jenny asked if PTO would consider using the Digger Dash funds next year for IPads for the lower grades and robot extensions for the upper grades. She will put together a list of specific needs and wants so a goal can be determined.

New Business:
Spirit Wear – Amanda talked to ProCorp last night, and she hopes to have more information later this week.

Outreach Committee – PTO discussed why this was removed from the committees and feel that having the school Principal contact the PTO President and having the board act on needs will meet our current level of need at the school. No changes will be made at this time.

Edukits – Christine will head this up again. PTO will round up the cost to the next whole dollar. Thumb drives and head phones will not be offered this year due to the extra labor involved.

Chick Fil A Moola Funds – Rachelle motions PTO go back to taking the Moola dollars at Chick Fil A due to the loss we will take for cash. Linda seconds. Motion approved. Linda motions PTO use Moola money for Teacher conferences for wraps and nuggets. Parents will be asked for salads, fruit, drinks (Diet Coke and Sprite, not water), desserts, or cash donations. Rachelle seconds. Motion approved.

The PTO will do a Hawaiian day tentatively set for May 26. Students may dress up and will lunch with their teacher.

Spring Book Fair – Set for April 10-14. Theme is Happy Camper.

Committee Reports:
Box Tops: Competition ends February 16. Nikki Driessner is taking this over on Thursday.

Labels for Education – Last submission is ready to be sent and the remaining funds will be used to purchase large coolers for Digger Dash use.

Upcoming events:
March 7thPTO Meeting
February 16thCommunity Night @ Chipotle

Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:50am


BOARD MEETING

Date: February 2, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:50 am
Meeting called to order by: Angle Zayaz – President

Attendance: Angle Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Rachelle Brooke, Amanda Paschal

Sock Hop: PTO will sell extra: Pizza $1, soda $0.50

Book fair: PTO will buy 2 extension cords to be kept in closet for cash registers.

Spirit wear: Rachelle was contacted by parent Allison Provence with some suggestions of vendors:
Renee – Schmancytees.com
UGC Supply – Chrissy
com – Mark

Estimate around 588 students next year as quantity for classroom shirts.

Amanda received a computer mock up and information from ProCorp. She has asked them to either come to February 7th meeting or give us 2 other dates to meet. Board likes the distressed logo with “Gold Rush” added below in all caps in Bradly Font, with only the dog in the middle (no words).

Ask for cost of women’s V-neck in heather grey, unisex adult scoop neck in heather grey, unisex youth scoop neck in heather grey, child hoodie (color TBD), and adult zipper sweat jacket with a pocket logo (color TBD). Ask required quantity and cost of window clings. We would like to see a sample of the shirt quality. Ask if timeline would fit to have sample shirt and order form ready for meet the teacher, or possibly have pre-orders ready to pick up at meet the teacher so they can be worn the first day of school.

Adjournment of meeting took place at 9:50am


BOARD MEETING

Date: January 18, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:42 am
Meeting called to order by: Rachelle Brooke – Treasurer

Attendance: Linda Leonard, Rachelle Brooke, Amanda Paschal

Teacher Meals: Rachelle moves to use Chick-fil-a Moola dollars from community nights for spring teacher meals during conferences to 100% cater the meals. We have $982 available. Get platters, wraps, soups, cookies, see if they can supply lemonade. PTO can provide soda. Linda seconds. Board approved.

Teacher appreciation meal: Amanda moves to use any remaining Moola dollars for catering teacher appreciation meal. If we are short PTO can ask parents for food donations. Linda seconds. Board approved.

Rachelle moves in the future the PTO take the cash minus the fee rather than moola dollars from Chick-fil-a community nights. This will allow the PTO to spend the funds as needed. Amanda seconds. Board unanimously approved.

Family in need: Rachelle moves to use $200 left from the teacher meal budget, digger dash budget, and western night budget to get a gift card from Target to help them with their immediate needs. Rachelle will also go through the PTO gift cards to see if there are any that might be of use to the family. Linda seconds. Board approved.

PTO web site: Amanda moves to add a line item to the budget reading “PTO web site ($35.88/yr) paid through 2019 on school credit card – must be paid again in 2019.”  Linda seconds. Board approved.

Rachelle moves to transfer funds to the school and use credit card to pay 3 years of fees ($107.64). Linda seconds. Board approved.

Spirit wear: Amanda spoke with ProCorp (Kathy Mohr and Mel). She has asked them to either come to February 7th meeting or give us 2 other dates to meet.

Student awards:   To be given out Friday
K- Bobby Donohoe
1st– Mary Armstrong
2nd– Brady Bliesmer
3rd – Gavin Binder
4th – No submissions, contacted Jenny to inquire with teachers
5th – Emma Poole

Angel set up a community night May 11 at Panera and Orange Leaf

At next PTO meeting discuss by-laws (President, website, Facebook, email, social media, and outreach committee)

Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:24am


Date: January 9, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:54 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President

Attendance: Linda Leonard, Leslie Stoops, Rachelle Brooke, Nikki Driessner, Amanda Paschal, Linda Ericson, Kelly Binder, Jenny Brown, Angel Zayaz, Katie Mudd

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from December meeting were approved.

Officer Reports:
Presidents’ Report: Teachers have paperwork for the teacher grants (due February 29) and the student gift cards (due January 13). Drawing for gift cards will be announced next Friday the 20th. PTO needs to ensure there is a photo release for all students prior to sharing photo.

Treasurer’s Report: Rachelle gave notice she is resigning as Treasurer. Amanda Paschal will become the primary Treasurer and the co-treasurer position will soon be available. Rachelle presented the financial report. Digger Dash had one check returned due to insufficient funds. The total has been reduced by the $24. She is waiting to see if there is a charge to PTO for the returned check. Digger Dash transfer did not happen because the PTO is still waiting on Colorado Gives to process over $500 in donations. We have not received any money from Colorado Gives since September. Next year it may be easier to use a different process. The western night charge for using the credit card machine was $2. There are checks from Chili’s and Box Tops waiting to be deposited. It is recommended the PTO have petty cash in the budget next year – this will require a change to the by-laws and there will need to be a maximum amount set. The payment to remove ads from the web site is a reoccurring monthly charge, so Rachelle has asked if PTO can use the school card and give them a lump sum for the year. She is still waiting to hear back.

Principle’s Report:
Jenny reported that the school is looking at developing an app to notify parents about weather delays. Jenny also reported that the pedestrian bridge is open and the school has been monitoring to ensure kids are using it. The school is not responsible for snow removal. The City of Parker reports the Horse Creek HOA is responsible.

New Business:
Sock Hop – Angel reported it is only 3 weeks away. Angel will need parents at the doors to collect quarters. A sign up for volunteers including the cake walk will go out. The office will send out the sign up to see if we can get more people to participate. PTO approved $200 cash for the Sock HOP for change, etc. Life Touch will be doing a photo booth. PTO will attempt to pre-sell tickets for the cake walk and pizza. A flyer will be sent home and tickets sold after school.

Community Night – The cow will be outside Thursday at 3:15pm to advertise the Chick-Fil-A night.

End of the Year event – The PTO will do a Hawaiian day tentatively set for May 26. Students may dress up and will lunch with their teacher.

Used Book Fair –  Tentatively set for May 30 & 31. PTO will advertise in March before people spring clean.

Shoe Box Program – Rachelle contacted student council. Student Council has a “giving back week” planned and could collect shoes as part of the week. They are open to giving the PTO the funds raised. PTO wondered if this would be a good project for Earth Day.

Committee Reports:
Box Tops: Competition ends February 16. Rachelle received a check for those submitted. Nikki Driessner may take this over when Rachelle leaves.

Spirit Wear – Rachelle reported no vendors have returned messages.

Community Nights – Need new ideas for places in Parker

Conference Teacher Meals –  will discuss at the board meeting. It was suggested to do Subway/Jersey Mikes/Jimmy Johns and have parents bring in soups.

Open positions – The vice president position is open. Spread the word if you know someone who would be interested. Several committee positions are open. Rachelle made a motion to separate “Event Coordinator” into 3 separate committees: Sock Hop, Western Night, and Used Book Sale. Amanda Paschal seconded and it was approved. Kelly Binder was approved as the Sock Hop committee chair.  Open committee positions include: Spirit Wear, Digger Dash, Western Night, Used Book Sale. PTO is looking to get these filled and get more parents involved.

Upcoming events:
February 7thPTO Meeting
February 16thCommunity Night @ Chipotle

Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:50am


*MINUTES APPROVED 1/10/17*
Date: December 13, 2016
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:55 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz –President

Attendance: Christine Armstrong, Jenny Brown, Rachelle Brooke, Marly Dombrower, Amanda Paschal, Stephanie Zimmerman, Angel Zayaz, Leslie Stoops, Linda Leonard

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from November meeting were approved.
Officer Reports:
President’s Report: Angel will report in new business.
Treasurer’s Report: Rachelle presented the financial report. Rachelle proposed that we vote to increase the teacher grant to $3600 on the budget. Vote was approved. Jenny will tell teachers about the grant in January.

Rachelle proposed that we removed the line item of assemblies from the budget. It was voted on and approved.

The book fair made $3206 this year. That money is being transferred to the library. It was approved by the board that in the future (after this Falls book fair money is transferred) that library proceeds will be short the PTO expenses to put on the book fair.

Rachelle also reported that we made $540 from Colorado Gives day.

Digger Dash total is $21756.69, a vote was approved to transfer Digger Dash money to the school. Board approved that all Digger Dash money that comes in after transfer will become part of the PTO budget.

Rachelle proposed paying for a website that will not show ads, the board approved that website fee.

Principle’s Report:
Jenny reported that teachers are getting ready to do report cards. Jenny also reported that kids have spent technology this time with an hour of code. The kids will then go to the STEAM lab after break to use that knowledge. Jenny also reported that Kindie registration was a big hit this year.

New Business:
New Secretary – Linda Leonard was nominated by Angel to be the new secretary and book fair chair. Rachelle 2nd that nomination. Vote was held, and everyone voted in favor of the new secretary.

Co-Treasurer – Amanda Paschal was nominated by Rachelle to be co-treasurer, Angel 2nd that motion. Vote was held, and everyone voted in favor of the co-treasurer.

Mission Statement- The board is going to update the mission statement then bring it to the next PTO meeting for approval.

Sock Hop – Angel reported that she has already contacted people and vendors for the Sock Hope (February 3rd). The DJ is going to be more money this year. Angel is going to look for a place to get cheaper pizza. Signups for volunteers and donations will go out after break. Angel said she will use the high school volunteers again.

Kindie T-Shirts/Spirit wear – Rachelle and Angel are going to look into a new vendor for spirit wear and a new design for next year’s t-shirts.

Shoe Box Program – Rachelle is going to contact student council to see if this is an idea that they would like to do.

PTO Character Awards – Rachelle is creating the nomination form and giving to Jenny to give to teachers at their January meeting. The first award process will be in February and we will be drawing randomly for all 4 gift cards from the Orthodontist at that time. PTO will be drawing an award for each grade level so PTO voted to approve paying for two $25 Target gift cards so we have enough gift cards for each grade level.

Committee Reports:
Box Tops: Rachelle reported she is going to do another big push for the competition that ends in February.

Spirit Wear – Looking into a new design and vendor

Labels for Education – Redeem points

Upcoming events:
January 10thPTO Meeting
January 12thCommunity Night @Chick-Fil-A

Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:15am


*MINUTES APPROVED 12/13/16*
Date: November 15, 2016
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:50 am
Meeting called to order by: Christine Armstrong – Secretary
Attendance: Christine Armstrong, Jenny Brown, Rachelle Brooke, Justin Lambert

Vendor Presentation– Justin Lambert from Boosterthon presented to us an idea of having a read-a-thon in the spring. He is going to send some information on to Jenny to have her look at. The board will make a decision later if a read-a- thon is something it would like to do in the future.

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from September meeting were approved.

Officer Reports:
Presidents’ Report: Angel was not there to report.

Treasurer’s Report: Rachelle present the budget for 2016-2017. It was voted in and approved.

We agreed to not buy shirts this year for Kindie Orientation as there might be a move to buy grade level shirts next year for families. It is something we will visit later in the spring.

We voted to keep a $5000 minimum account balance.

Rachelle reported that Digger Dash donations to date are $21,078.69 and expenses for Digger Dash were $826.94.

Secretary’s Report: Christine reported that she will not be running for reelection in April. Christine gave 14 days notice.

Principle’s Report:
Jenny reported that the WeDo’s had been used by the 5th grade and the kids loved them. Jenny also reported that this year in conjunction with the Thanksgiving feast each class was doing a “Celebration of Learning” to show parents how technology is being used in the classroom.

New Business:

Updating Bylaws – The bylaws were updated to change the executive board to – President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The bylaws were also updated to list the current committees we need and use. The new bylaws will be posted. It was also discussed that if the board positions cannot be filled a vote in April will take place to disband the PTO.

Surveys- We had fewer responses on the Digger Dash survey then the Western Night survey. Overall parents didn’t seem to miss the flare, but most parents thought the run times were too long for the kids.

Committee Reports:

Box Tops: Rachelle reported that we are waiting on a submission for $265.90.

Labels for Education – This is being dissolved, It was voted that the left over points would be used for 2 – 3 beverage coolers, however many our points can buy us.

Spirit Wear: PTO is looking into using a different vendor for next year, we’ve had a multiple complaints about sizing with current vendor. Gold Rush is also considering having grade level shirt for next year. Each grade would get their own shirt and each class their own color. This shirt would be worn for field trips, digger dash, and field day.

Upcoming events:
November 29th – Chipotle Community Night
December 6th – Chili’s Community Night
December 13th – PTO Meeting @ 8:45am

Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:20am


Meeting Minutes: September 13, 2016

Date: September 13, 2016

Location: Gold Mine Room

Time: 8:50 am

Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President

Attendance: Angel Zayaz, Christine Armstrong, Stephanie Zimmerman, Jenny Brown, Amy Jay, Linda Leonard, Shannon Beguin, Rachelle Brooke, Nicole Wallace

Approval of Minutes: Minutes from August meeting were approved.

Officer Reports

Presidents’ Report:

Angle nominated Rochelle Brook as treasurer, Stephanie Zimmerman 2nd the nomination. The vote was unanimous in the affirmative.

Western Night Pros and Cons –

i. Made $1525 this year (made $1600 last year)

ii. HS Volunteers were good

iii. Hay ride was loved and the band was well liked too.

iv. Next year have straws for soda cans

v. Maybe the police dog instead of the race car

vi. Maybe do a sign up genius for donations for grab bags

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Christine Armstrong reported for the treasurer. We need to pay our annual fee of $778.73 to the foundation. Angle and Rachelle voted that it was fine to transfer the money to DCEF.

Secretary’s Report: Christine Armstrong had nothing to report.

Principle’s Report:

Jenny reported that the shade structure ribbon cutting was a big success. The kids enjoyed seeing the WeDo’s and the Lego robotic kit. Jenny also reported that she was happy with the Western night turn out. Jenny said she would send the videos and pictures of the robotic to put on the blog.

Committee Reports:

Box Tops: Rachelle reported that we are going to have a competition among the classes for an extra recess. It will start after digger dash and go through February.

Spirit Wear: Spirit wear is coming today. We made the remaining balance ($941) and will get reimbursed.

Community Nights: Freddy’s community night was a success we made $214.78

Digger Dash – October 6th – Kick off assembly went well. The pledge packets were distributed. The teachers have determined that they are not going to do flare this year and just have the kids all wear the same color.

Upcoming events:

September 19th – Community Night – Texas Roadhouse

October 3rd – 6th – Community Night – Chicken Shack

October 6th – Digger Dash

Adjournment of meeting took place at 9:55 am

After the meeting adjourned the board met and approved that we would money from community nights and Edukits and pay for books for Battle of the Books. Gail said it would be around $250.