Gold Rush Elementary Assistance Team
Meeting Minutes: December 13, 2016
Minutes Approved 1/10/2017 at PTO Meeting
Date: December 13, 2016
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:55 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from November meeting were approved.
- President’s Report: Angel will report in new business.
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Rachelle presented the financial report. Rachelle proposed that we vote to increase the teacher grant to $3600 on the budget. Vote was approved. Jenny will tell teachers about the grant in January.
- Rachelle proposed that we removed the line item of assemblies from the budget. It was voted on and approved.
- The book fair made $3206 this year. That money is being transferred to the library. It was approved by the board that in the future (after this Falls book fair money is transferred) that library proceeds will be short the PTO expenses to put on the book fair.
- Rachelle also reported that we made $540 from Colorado Gives day.
- Digger Dash total is $21756.69, a vote was approved to transfer Digger Dash money to the school. Board approved that all Digger Dash money that comes in after transfer will become part of the PTO budget.
- Rachelle proposed paying for a website that will not show ads, the board approved that website fee.
- Jenny reported that teachers are getting ready to do report cards. Jenny also reported that kids have spent technology this time with an hour of code. The kids will then go to the STEAM lab after break to use that knowledge. Jenny also reported that Kindie registration was a big hit this year.
- New Secretary – Linda Leonard was nominated by Angel to be the new secretary and book fair chair. Rachelle 2nd that nomination. Vote was held, and everyone voted in favor of the new secretary.
- Co-Treasurer – Amanda Paschal was nominated by Rachelle to be co-treasurer, Angel 2nd that motion. Vote was held, and everyone voted in favor of the co-treasurer.
- Mission Statement- The board is going to update the mission statement then bring it to the next PTO meeting for approval.
- Sock Hop – Angel reported that she has already contacted people and vendors for the Sock Hope (February 3rd). The DJ is going to be more money this year. Angel is going to look for a place to get cheaper pizza. Signups for volunteers and donations will go out after break. Angel said she will use the high school volunteers again.
- Kindie T-Shirts/Spirit wear – Rachelle and Angel are going to look into a new vendor for spirit wear and a new design for next year’s t-shirts.
- Shoe Box Program – Rachelle is going to contact student council to see if this is an idea that they would like to do.
- PTO Character Awards – Rachelle is creating the nomination form and giving to Jenny to give to teachers at their January meeting. The first award process will be in February and we will be drawing randomly for all 4 gift cards from the Orthodontist at that time. PTO will be drawing an award for each grade level so PTO voted to approve paying for two $25 Target gift cards so we have enough gift cards for each grade level.
- Box Tops: Rachelle reported she is going to do another big push for the competition that ends in February.
- Spirit Wear – Looking into a new design and vendor
- Labels for Education – Redeem points
- January 10th – PTO Meeting
- January 12th – Community Night @Chick-Fil-A
Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:15am