Gold Rush Elementary Assistance Team
Meeting Minutes: April 11, 2017
Date: April 11, 2017
Location: Basement Conference Room (B128)
Time: 8:54 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President
Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Rosemary Joebchen, Nikki Driessner
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from March meeting were approved.
- Presidents’ Report: See later items.
- Treasurer’s Report: Sock Hop: Nutrition services has been paid. Sock Hop profited $1,486.94. Red Robin community night PTO netted $32.17.
28/36 teacher grants have been submitted – no new submissions since last meeting. Any remaining should be turned in by the end of April.
Panda Express Community night raised $160.
Web site payment: once the address has been changed PTO needs to change link in our email and let the school know to change it in the app and the web site.
Gold Rush has a new app. Lots of great information is available on the app.
Next year enrollment: K will have 2 full day and 3- half day. 5 – 5th grades. 5 – 2nd grades. All other grades will have 4 classes. This year GR has 617 students, next year expect 610 as of now.
Edukits: Christine Armstrong brought an example flyer. This will be sent home in May.
Book Fair – Going well. Fall dates have been set for November 13-17.
Shoe Box Program – Going well. Ends April 21.
Earth Day – Consider if possible to do a day where students see lunch waste. Need to talk with lunch room staff to see when they have planned from their meetings.
2017/18 Dates – Digger Dash September 29 with Rain date October 6; Western Night September 8; Sock Hop February 2 or 9; Spring Book fair the week before Spring Break;
Last events this year: Used book fair May 30 & 31; Hawaiian Day? Possibly June 1
Ortho gift card submissions – Forms to go out to teachers. Submissions due by May 5th.
- Box Tops: $564.20 check is coming. Balance with the check is $904.30. Need to do a mid-May collection for expiring tops. See about having students teach students about box tops (contact student council).
- Spirit Wear – Place order for Kindie Orientation on May 18th at 6:30pm. Order will be for 24 jackets, and 48 adult shirts split between the 2 styles. No kid items or adult hoodies to be ordered.
- Community Nights – Angel has several set for next year.
- May 9th – PTO Meeting
Adjournment of meeting took place at 11:00am