Gold Rush Elementary Assistance Team
Meeting Minutes: March 7, 2017
Date: March 7, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:50 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President
Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Rachelle Brooke, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Stephanie Zimmerman
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from February meeting were approved.
- Presidents’ Report: Nothing.
- Treasurer’s Report: Community night at Chipotle raised $68.08, total for the year is $753.21. Sock Hop: We still need to pay for the use of the kitchen, the custodian, and the credit card reader fee, but our current profit from the sock hop is approximately $1,400.
PTO has transferred the funds from Digger Dash ($21,732.69) to the district on 2/9/17.
Teacher Grants: 28 out of 36 teachers have submitted something. Need to remind teachers PTO needs a clean and readable receipt or the district will reject them. Fall due date will be set for September 1 for next year’s grants.
Rachelle is officially resigned as Treasurer and Amanda Paschal is now Treasurer.
Rachelle motioned that Marly Dombrower be elected as co-treasurer. Motion was approved.
Jenny reported there have been some enrollment adjustments from last meeting. 5th grade will have 5 classes. 2nd will currently have 4, but that could change if enrollment increases in 2nd grade. A wish list and estimated cost was firmed up for fall Digger Dash funds. Approximate cost is around $17,000.
Art room printer is in need of toner. Cost is $1225 with school discount. Jenny will see if IT funds can be used, if not it will be added to Digger Dash list for the fall.
Spirit Wear – Amanda talked to ProCorp. Board will meet with them Monday at 2pm. They will bring samples of the shirts plain so board can see the quality and sizing. If happy, board will ask for an estimate to get samples with the logo so excitement can be generated prior to the end of the year.
Book Fair – Set for April 10-14. Theme is Happy Camper. A parent asked if we can ask parents to round total up to the nearest dollar as PTO donation. Scholastic will need to be contacted to see if possible. PTO will supply $100 for initial cash for drawers to be reimbursed after fair.
Shoe Box Program – Set for the week of Earth week. Marly is taking over. Flyer to go out April 6th. Collection to take place April 10-28.
- Box Tops: Submitting $564.20. Marchese’s class won the competition.
- Labels for Education – Last submission is ready to be sent and due to the quality of the products available, PTO will cash out and use the funds to purchase coolers for Digger Dash water.
- April 11th – PTO Meeting
- March 14th – Community Night @Panda Express
- April 12th – Community Night @ Orange Leaf
Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:25am