Gold Rush Elementary Assistance Team
Meeting Minutes: August 15, 2017
Date: August15, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:45 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President
Attendance: Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Nikki Driessner, Kelly Ellis, Rosemary Joeschen
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from May and July meetings were approved.
- Presidents’ Report: See later items.
- Treasurer’s Report: Alison is no longer our contact at DCSD for treasurer. We do not have a new contact and Amanda has been unable to reach anyone by phone or email to get information about reimbursements, budget, or the August 29th meeting.
Received checks from The Red Robin community night and the shoe collection project.
Teacher Grant forms have been put in mailboxes and will be due September 1. Need to ensure form is filled out and a clean receipt is turned in
Board is still working on the budget.
Held the Go for the Gold Assembly and introduced the Gold Rush Green Initiative. Cooler should be here next week. All items will be donated each Tuesday to the Parker Task force. Angel has started a sign up sheet. Composter is on hold until after Digger Dash to see if we will have the funds.
Glasses for the solar eclipse have been ordered.
Colorado Avalanche – Jackie Van Watermeulen came and presented their program. We will be participating in the fall event. Tickets can be purchased on line. School receives $5/ticket sold. Students who sell tickets are entered in drawing for prizes. Can sell tickets up until the last game on 12/31. Avalanche have donated a signed puck for Western night and PTO may purchase a shirt to add with it in the basket.
Western Night – Flyer: Put food trucks, forms of payment, hayride and band sponsor, on flyer.
Need to have change on hand that night – need to get DCSD contact for this. $1 bills and quarters.
Consider offering a packet presale with the Pony Poop roundup flyer.
Digger Dash – Change to 5×7 envelope and stapled flyer to reduce costs. Assembly September 1. Put label on envelope “Gold Rush Digger Dash Family Envelope” with blank for student name and teacher. Envelopes only to oldest student. Marly to purchase envelopes and labels with PTO to reimburse. School can print labels. Angel to get Linda the info to type up for the attached flyer.
Battle of the Books – $250 from the PTO for Mrs. Golish to purchase books is approved.
- Box Tops: Last year GR earned $1,438 for the year. Submission dates for checks are November 1 and March 1. Meeting with Student Council to help get the word out about box tops. Pick up dates will be October 25, December 21, February 21. A counting and cutting party will take place October 26 and February 22 (8:45am-11am) due to high volumes at these times.
- Spirit Wear – All orders due Friday (18th). Will make a poster to put out Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Jenny offered to set up a table at all three events to hold spirit wear stuff and remind parents of the deadline – leave items in her office for her. Will include in Thursday folder and with the School night reminder.
Note: November meeting has been moved to the 8th; an October meeting has been added on the 17th.
- August 23 – Freddy’s Community Night
- September 12 – PTO Meeting
- September 15 – Western Night
Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:30am