Gold Rush Elementary Assistance Team
Meeting Minutes: September 12, 2017
Date: September 12, 2017
Location: Gold Mine Room
Time: 8:45 am
Meeting called to order by: Angel Zayaz – President
Attendance: Angel Zayaz, Linda Leonard, Amanda Paschal, Marly Dombrower, Jenny Brown, Nikki Driessner, Kelly Ellis, Lisa Ellis, Linda Ericson
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from August meetings were approved.
- Presidents’ Report: See later items.
- Treasurer’s Report:7 teachers have not submitted teacher grants. Jenny will email them and ask for form by Friday.
Edukits earned $556.95. Waiting on the check.
Receivied another shoe check for $18.45
Spirit Wear order is in progress
Budget was submitted, Linda Leonard moved to approve, Nikki Driessner 2nd, budget was approved.
Held the Digger Dash kick off assembly.
The first donation to the Parker Task Force was made. A few people have asked about taking the donations.
Western Night – we have 12 to 15 high school students signed up right now to volunteer. Next year consider selling deeds 3 for $5.
Digger Dash – Need to set up the cones the night before but string tape the morning of the event. Need to pick up cups for water and otter pops. Find and make copies of the shout out forms.
Battle of the Books – Discussed the need for additional funds, but decided to leave the amount at $250.
Natures Educators – This is a group that will bring animals to the school. They have different programs such as Colorado natives, insects, and reptiles. Could be a fun and educational event for students.
- Box Tops: Nikki is meeting with the student Council next week. Pick up dates will be October 25, December 21, February 21. A counting and cutting party will take place October 26 and February 22 (8:45am-11am) due to high volumes at these times.
- Spirit Wear – Hoping the items will be ready for pick up Friday or Monday and we can sort next week. King Soopers has donated bags and PTO has labels printed and ready.
- September 28 – Texas Roadhouse Community Night
- October 17 – PTO Meeting
Adjournment of meeting took place at 10:15am