RACE DAY SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
Thursday September 20th
DIGGER DASH JOG-A-THON (come and cheer on our students!)
7:00 – 8:30 Set Up
8:20 – 8:45 Station Meetings with Volunteers
8:45 – 9:00 Stretching (Preschool and Kindergarten)
9:00 – 9:15 Race begins (Preschool and Kindergarten)
9:10 – 9:25 Stretching (1stand 2nd grades)
9:25 – 9:55 Race starts (1stand 2ndgrades)
9:50 – 10:00 Stretching (3rdand 4thgrades)
10:00 – 10:45 Race begins (3rdand 4thgrades)
10:40 – 10:50 Stretching (5thgrade)
10:50 – 11:35 Race starts (5thgrade)
11:35 – 12:35 Clean up
10:45 – 2:30 Tally Pledges-begins after 3rdand 4thgrades run
- Students will arrive at Gold Rush during normal school hours, with the exception of afternoon Kindergarten.
- All participants will warm up for 15 minutes and then run, jog or walk (Preschool-K for 15 min; 1st-2ndfor 30 min; 3-5 for 45 min) on a 1/8 mile track. Volunteers will mark the participants running tags after the completion of each lap.
- Students can take a rest whenever they want—there is no pressure, there will be a water station available during the race for those who forget a water bottle. Runners will receive a special frozen treat at the end!
- Please have your child wear comfortable shoes, weather appropriate clothing, and bring a water bottleto re-hydrate during the race.
- Immediately following the event, the student will receive a certificate with the number of laps they completed.